2023 Goals of the Legislative Committee
1. Promote the committee and encourage more participation by the membership with listserve e-mail biannually with brief description of committee's activities as well as post on social media & website as well as sign up sheets at both conferences. Welcome e-mail will be sent by the legislative cochairs to new members. Next fall send out survey monkey for meeting times.
2. Continue to encourage attendance of committee meetings and committee work by updating MNPA website legislative committee section with orientation information /testimony directions and with director sending out reminder/ agenda twice/meeting
3. Newsletter article by legislative committee co-chairs for each edition
4. Meeting minutes will be reviewed by the legislative committing members and when approved will be posted on the website by the director with current bill list that MN PA is following with copy sent to the MNPA board members to review.
5. Coordinate with PD committee to provide legislative educational opportunity annually.
6. Contact Maine State legislators next year to introduce NP/MNPA to them via calls or emails.
7. Keep membership informed and engaged by giving annual updates at the conference
Kathleen Forti-Gallant & Jennifer Mora